With the right ingredients, the humble sausage roll can feel like one of the finest things you’ll ever eat! The deep fruity flavours of sloe gin work perfectly with rich game: wild boar and wild venison are both ideal.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 100g wild boar sausagemeat (or venison mince)
- 100g pork mince
- 500g puff pastry sheet
- 50g diced onion
- 50ml Sloe Gin
- Chopped fresh thyme
- Chopped fresh sage
- Cornish sea salt
- Milled black pepper
- Mix the game mince, pork mince, diced onion, chopped herbs and sloe gin. Season well.
- Place the mixture on the pastry and roll over to form a sausage roll.
- Crimp the edges, score the top and brush with an egg wash.
- Place into a hot over 180℃ for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked removed from the oven and allow to rest.
- Slice and serve warm with a little spiced apple chutney.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
This one-pot sausage casserole recipe can be made with either venison or wild boar sausages and your favourite bean. It is a simple and tasty dish, with fennel seeds providing additional flavour.
Goulash is a hearty stew of meat and vegetables, typically seasoned with paprika. The dish originates from Hungary and is ideally suited to our diced wild boar.
The sweetness of the fruits and honey in this impressive dish perfectly balances the earthy flavour of wild boar and the almonds and hazelnuts.
Wild boar slowly cooked in a rich sauce makes it wonderfully tender. This recipe can also be cooked in a slow cooker