Simple to prepare this one pot, Roast Partridge dish is cooked on a bed of carrot, parsnip, onions & Chazwinkle's Rhubarb
, available in our pantry.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2 people
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (fan).
- Taking a casserole dish, halve the parsnips and carrots lengthways and add to the dish. Add the bay leaf, segment the onion into quarters and break up into the dish. Add half a jar of Chazwinkle’s Rhubarb and the water.
- Place the partridge into the dish and snuggle into the veg. Season and drizzle in oil.
- Put the lid on and place in the oven for 20 mins.
- Halfway, check the juice, add a splash more water if drying out. Spoon some juice over the birds.
- Serve up 2 plates with a handful of spinach. Remove the birds from the oven and place on the spinach. Spoon over the juice and veggies.
Thank you to Chazwinkles for sharing this recipe with us.
Using partridge as a healthier alternative to chicken, this creamy risotto will soon become a firm favourite.
Tender and delicate partridge breasts are the star of the show in this simple dish. Buttery sweet red apples and rosemary complement partridge’s mild gamey flavour perfectly, while a comforting scoop of mash soaks up all the lovely juices.
This light herby summer salad combines the sweetness of roast partridge with different types of beans.
Lime is a surprising partner for partridge but the two flavours complement each other beautifully.