Allspice & Thyme Crusted Butterflied BBQ Leg of Lamb
This is a great lamb recipe for the barbecue - a whole butterflied leg of lamb coated in an allspice , garlic, lemon and thyme rub - superb on the BBQ.
- 1.3kg lean butterflied leg of lamb
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons sunflower oil
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1kg salad potatoes, cooked, drained and quartered
- 250g green beans, topped, tailed and lightly blanched
- 1 small bunch lemon thyme or juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Large bunch freshly chopped parsley
- Prepare the lamb (you might find this guide helpful: how to butterfly a leg of lamb)
To prepare the rub mix all the ingredients together.
Place the lamb on a chopping board, make several slits over the surface and spread the rub mixture all over the joint.
Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7.
Insert 2 long metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes), criss-crossing through the meat.
Place directly on the shelf in a preheated oven (place a tray underneath to catch the drips) for about 50-60 minutes, turning frequently.
Alternatively, place on a prepared barbecue not too close to the coals for about 55-60 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix all the salad ingredients together and season.
Slice the lamb and serve with the salad.
Thanks to Simply Beef & Lamb, for sharing this recipe with us.
Slow-roast Shoulder of Lamb with Palestinian Spices
This show-stopping roast is a great dish for entertaining. When slow-roasted in this way, the lamb becomes so meltingly soft that it falls off the bone, perfect for stuffing into pockets of flatbread alongside salads, yogurt and pickles, shawarma-style. Start it the night before, so the marinade has a chance to infuse the lamb.
Lebanese Lamb and Chickpea Burgers with Pea Houmous
Try these succulent lamb burgers with chickpeas and Middle Eastern flavours plus mango chutney for an added twist!. Serve with a delicious fresh pea houmous. Recipe supplied by Ali Imdad in association with Simply Beef and Lamb.