Venison & pomegranate wraps
Delicious yet quick and easy to make, these tortilla wraps filled with sweet and crunchy pomegranate seeds, homemade slaw and full-flavoured venison loin are a light but satisfying way to enjoy venison in the warmer months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 500g venison loin
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 50g shredded carrot
- 50g shredded savoy cabbage
- 50g pomegranate
- Cornish sea salt
- Milled black pepper
- Season the venison and sear in a hot pan for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place into a hot oven (200ºC) for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix the cabbage, carrot, onion and cumin together to make a slaw.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Slice the venison and place on the tortillas and top with the slaw.
- Finish with the pomegranate and serve.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Venison Rillettes on Sourdough
Lean full-flavoured venison is braised slowly with duck or goose fat and wild boar bacon in this wild version of the classic French dish created by Hannah from Herbs and Wild. Surprisingly easy to make, it’s superb as a starter or lunch with sourdough toast.
Barbecued Whole Venison Haunch
There's something truly special about the taste of a whole venison joint fresh off the barbecue. This recipe keeps it simple with an overnight marinade, a straightforward salt-pepper-garlic rub, and a foolproof lid-down barbecuing technique to ensure juicy, tender results.