Venison & pomegranate wraps
Delicious yet quick and easy to make, these tortilla wraps filled with sweet and crunchy pomegranate seeds, homemade slaw and full-flavoured venison loin are a light but satisfying way to enjoy venison in the warmer months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 500g venison loin
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 50g shredded carrot
- 50g shredded savoy cabbage
- 50g pomegranate
- Cornish sea salt
- Milled black pepper
- Season the venison and sear in a hot pan for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place into a hot oven (200ºC) for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix the cabbage, carrot, onion and cumin together to make a slaw.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Slice the venison and place on the tortillas and top with the slaw.
- Finish with the pomegranate and serve.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Vindaloo is infamous for being the most fiery curry one can order at the curry house. However, traditionally this Goan dish of strong Portuguese influence is tangy, rich and warming. Using diced venison instead of typical lamb or chicken, this dish is packed with flavour rather than off-the-richter scale heat from chilli alone.
Sausage & Bean Casserole
This one-pot sausage casserole recipe can be made with either venison or wild boar sausages and your favourite bean. It is a simple and tasty dish, with fennel seeds providing additional flavour.
Spiced Plum and Venison Salad
Try this dish in late summer or autumn, when British plums are sweet and full of flavour. Poached with cinnamon, cloves and juniper berries, they’re a heavenly accompaniment to tasty and tender wild venison loin, along with crunchy walnuts and fresh green salad leaves.