Venison & pomegranate wraps
Delicious yet quick and easy to make, these tortilla wraps filled with sweet and crunchy pomegranate seeds, homemade slaw and full-flavoured venison loin are a light but satisfying way to enjoy venison in the warmer months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 500g venison loin
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 50g shredded carrot
- 50g shredded savoy cabbage
- 50g pomegranate
- Cornish sea salt
- Milled black pepper
- Season the venison and sear in a hot pan for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place into a hot oven (200ºC) for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix the cabbage, carrot, onion and cumin together to make a slaw.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Slice the venison and place on the tortillas and top with the slaw.
- Finish with the pomegranate and serve.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Venison Rillettes on Sourdough
Lean full-flavoured venison is braised slowly with duck or goose fat and wild boar bacon in this wild version of the classic French dish created by Hannah from Herbs and Wild. Surprisingly easy to make, it’s superb as a starter or lunch with sourdough toast.
Spiced Plum and Venison Salad
Try this dish in late summer or autumn, when British plums are sweet and full of flavour. Poached with cinnamon, cloves and juniper berries, they’re a heavenly accompaniment to tasty and tender wild venison loin, along with crunchy walnuts and fresh green salad leaves.
Venison Stir Fry
If you love red meat but need to watch your weight or your cholesterol, this simple stir fry delivers big flavours while without the fat. Venison steaks are marinated in soy sauce for 30 minutes before cooking then need only 2 or 3 minutes in a hot wok.