Venison & pomegranate wraps
Delicious yet quick and easy to make, these tortilla wraps filled with sweet and crunchy pomegranate seeds, homemade slaw and full-flavoured venison loin are a light but satisfying way to enjoy venison in the warmer months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 500g venison loin
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 50g shredded carrot
- 50g shredded savoy cabbage
- 50g pomegranate
- Cornish sea salt
- Milled black pepper
- Season the venison and sear in a hot pan for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place into a hot oven (200ºC) for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix the cabbage, carrot, onion and cumin together to make a slaw.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Slice the venison and place on the tortillas and top with the slaw.
- Finish with the pomegranate and serve.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
I love a regular beef chilli, but this venison version is something else! Using a combination of diced haunch and venison mince gives the dish a real depth of flavour and a great texture.
Venison Sausages with Roasted Garlic Mash
Suffolk bangers & mash! Hillfarm produce their rapeseed oil just a few miles up the road from us in Suffolk and it makes the best mashed potato - the perfect partner to our venison sausages
Sausage & Bean Casserole
This one-pot sausage casserole recipe can be made with either venison or wild boar sausages and your favourite bean. It is a simple and tasty dish, with fennel seeds providing additional flavour.