Venison Kebabs With Yoghurt & Cucumber Marinade
The marinade for these venison skewers add flavour and spice while also ensuring the meat doesn’t dry out while cooking. With the Tzatziki style dip and a green salad and rice, this recipe is perfect for laidback summer evenings.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 2.5cm (1inch) piece of fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 cloves
- 1 small tub (250ml) plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cucumber
- 275ml (1/2 pint) plain yoghurt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- lemon juice
- mint leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Blitz all marinade ingredients, except the oil and yoghurt, in a food processor, or chop very finely.
- Stir in the oil and yoghurt and add the cubed venison, mixing well to ensure all pieces of the meat are covered.
- Leave to marinate in the fridge for several hours, preferably overnight.
- Drain the meat and thread onto skewers so the cubes do not touch. Grill or barbecue for about 15 minutes, turning frequently and basting with the marinade.
- For the sauce: coarsely grate the cucumber onto a plate, sprinkle with salt and leave for 30 minutes. Press the cucumber and pour away the excess liquid.
- Stir into the yoghurt and add the ground cumin, chopped mint leaves and lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Serve with rice and a fresh green salad.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Venison & pomegranate wraps
Delicious yet quick and easy to make, these tortilla wraps filled with sweet and crunchy pomegranate seeds, homemade slaw and full-flavoured venis...
If you’re bored of bland burgers, you’ll love the gamey flavour of these venison burgers. Made with seasoned venison mince, they can’t be beaten in...