If you’re bored of bland burgers, you’ll love the gamey flavour of these venison burgers. Made with seasoned venison mince, they can’t be beaten in a brioche bun with onions and a melted slice of Stilton.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- Approx. 500g coarsely minced venison
- ½ a large onion, finely chopped
- 3 generous heads of parsley, finely chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 handful of white breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ pint of milk
- Start by soaking the breadcrumbs in the milk.
- Place the minced venison in a large bowl. Add the parsley, onion, egg yolks, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Cover and put in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Using a little flour shape the burgers into rounds, this quantity will make about 4 - 6 burgers.
- Cook under a pre-heated grill for about 5 minutes on each side or to your taste.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Venison Stir Fry
If you love red meat but need to watch your weight or your cholesterol, this simple stir fry delivers big flavours while without the fat. Venison steaks are marinated in soy sauce for 30 minutes before cooking then need only 2 or 3 minutes in a hot wok.
Venison & pomegranate wraps
Delicious yet quick and easy to make, these tortilla wraps filled with sweet and crunchy pomegranate seeds, homemade slaw and full-flavoured venis...