If you’re bored of bland burgers, you’ll love the gamey flavour of these venison burgers. Made with seasoned venison mince, they can’t be beaten in a brioche bun with onions and a melted slice of Stilton.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- Approx. 500g coarsely minced venison
- ½ a large onion, finely chopped
- 3 generous heads of parsley, finely chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 handful of white breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ pint of milk
- Start by soaking the breadcrumbs in the milk.
- Place the minced venison in a large bowl. Add the parsley, onion, egg yolks, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Cover and put in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Using a little flour shape the burgers into rounds, this quantity will make about 4 - 6 burgers.
- Cook under a pre-heated grill for about 5 minutes on each side or to your taste.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Sausage & Bean Casserole
This one-pot sausage casserole recipe can be made with either venison or wild boar sausages and your favourite bean. It is a simple and tasty dish, with fennel seeds providing additional flavour.
Tried and tested, this game pie can be served hot or cold for a comforting meal.
This is a gamey version of a Shepherd’s pie, with parsnip added to the mash topping to give it a savoury and sweet flavour.