If you’re bored of bland burgers, you’ll love the gamey flavour of these venison burgers. Made with seasoned venison mince, they can’t be beaten in a brioche bun with onions and a melted slice of Stilton.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- Approx. 500g coarsely minced venison
- ½ a large onion, finely chopped
- 3 generous heads of parsley, finely chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 handful of white breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ pint of milk
- Start by soaking the breadcrumbs in the milk.
- Place the minced venison in a large bowl. Add the parsley, onion, egg yolks, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Cover and put in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Using a little flour shape the burgers into rounds, this quantity will make about 4 - 6 burgers.
- Cook under a pre-heated grill for about 5 minutes on each side or to your taste.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Venison Rillettes on Sourdough
Lean full-flavoured venison is braised slowly with duck or goose fat and wild boar bacon in this wild version of the classic French dish created by Hannah from Herbs and Wild. Surprisingly easy to make, it’s superb as a starter or lunch with sourdough toast.
Barbecued Whole Venison Haunch
There's something truly special about the taste of a whole venison joint fresh off the barbecue. This recipe keeps it simple with an overnight marinade, a straightforward salt-pepper-garlic rub, and a foolproof lid-down barbecuing technique to ensure juicy, tender results.