Summer grouse ratatouille
If you’ve got a garden full of courgettes and tomatoes, there’s no better way to celebrate the Glorious Twelfth and the start of the grouse season than with a colourful ratatouille. Summer in a bowl, this recipe uses grouse breasts, and can be prepped and cooked in around 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 8 grouse breasts
- 50g diced aubergine
- 50g diced courgette
- 50g diced peppers
- 50g diced tomatoes
- 50g garden peas
- 10g fresh pea shoots
- 200ml fresh tomato sauce
- 10g fresh basil leaves
- Cornish sea salt
- Milled black pepper
- Season the grouse and fry in a hot pan for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest for a further 2 minutes.
- Saute the aubergine, courgettes and peppers and then add the tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add the peas, fresh basil and season well.
- Spoon the sauce into the bowl and place the grouse on the top and garnish with a few pea shoots and serve.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Grouse sausage rolls
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t enjoy a sausage roll, but this is really a great and easy way to make them even better by adding grouse to the filling. I’ve noticed this is also a really popular dish with the kids. It’s really important you buy good-quality sausage meat to mix with the grouse