Summer grouse ratatouille
If you’ve got a garden full of courgettes and tomatoes, there’s no better way to celebrate the Glorious Twelfth and the start of the grouse season than with a colourful ratatouille. Summer in a bowl, this recipe uses grouse breasts, and can be prepped and cooked in around 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 8 grouse breasts
- 50g diced aubergine
- 50g diced courgette
- 50g diced peppers
- 50g diced tomatoes
- 50g garden peas
- 10g fresh pea shoots
- 200ml fresh tomato sauce
- 10g fresh basil leaves
- Cornish sea salt
- Milled black pepper
- Season the grouse and fry in a hot pan for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest for a further 2 minutes.
- Saute the aubergine, courgettes and peppers and then add the tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add the peas, fresh basil and season well.
- Spoon the sauce into the bowl and place the grouse on the top and garnish with a few pea shoots and serve.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
This simple recipe will show off the grouse meat at it’s best. Be careful not to over cook the meat so it doesn’t dry out and make sure you rest it well before serving.
Grouse sausage rolls
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t enjoy a sausage roll, but this is really a great and easy way to make them even better by adding grouse to the filling. I’ve noticed this is also a really popular dish with the kids. It’s really important you buy good-quality sausage meat to mix with the grouse