Sloe Gin & Wild Boar (or Venison) Sausage Roll
With the right ingredients, the humble sausage roll can feel like one of the finest things you’ll ever eat! The deep fruity flavours of sloe gin work perfectly with rich game: wild boar and wild venison are both ideal.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 100g wild boar sausagemeat (or venison mince)
- 100g pork mince
- 500g puff pastry sheet
- 50g diced onion
- 50ml Sloe Gin
- Chopped fresh thyme
- Chopped fresh sage
- Cornish sea salt
- Milled black pepper
- Mix the game mince, pork mince, diced onion, chopped herbs and sloe gin. Season well.
- Place the mixture on the pastry and roll over to form a sausage roll.
- Crimp the edges, score the top and brush with an egg wash.
- Place into a hot over 180℃ for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked removed from the oven and allow to rest.
- Slice and serve warm with a little spiced apple chutney.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Venison Sausages with Roasted Garlic Mash
Suffolk bangers & mash! Hillfarm produce their rapeseed oil just a few miles up the road from us in Suffolk and it makes the best mashed potato - the perfect partner to our venison sausages
Venison Steak and Chunky Tomatillo Salsa Tacos
This dish combines tender, barbequed venison haunch steaks with a zingy, chunky tomatillo salsa brought together in a warm, soft taco. These rustic, fresh tacos pair perfectly with an ice-cold Corona and lime!