Roast wild duck & root vegetables
This makes a rather special dinner party dish. Wild duck has a stronger flavour and is less fatty than farmed duck so is a real treat. It’s not difficult or time-consuming to make but your guests will love it.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 4 wild duck breasts
- 4 fondant potatoes
- 100g carrots
- 100g parsnips
- 100g butternut squash
- 100g swede
- game place
- chopped chives
- cornish sea salt
- milled black pepper
- Score the duck skin with a sharp knife.
- Season the duck and sear in a hot pan for 2 minutes skin side down first.
- Place into a hot oven 220ºC for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the fondant potatoes into the oven.
- Cut the vegetables into barrel shapes and cook in salted boiling water.
- Drain well and finish with chives and season well.
- Place the fondant on the plate and slice the duck and place next to the potato along with the root vegetables.
- Finish with a little game place and serve
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Teriyaki Mallard Stir Fry with Noodles
Fresh, fast, and full of flavour, you’ll have this Japanese-inspired stir fry on the table within half an hour. Made with protein-rich mallard, marinated in teriyaki sauce, and served with stacks of vegetables.