Roast belly pork with mustard mash and braised red cabbage
A delicious, simple-to-prepare family Sunday lunch.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 3 hours
- Serves: 4 people
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Rub the scored pork with a little oil and salt, place in a roasting tray and into the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 180ºC then reduce the heat to 140ºC and cook for a further 2½ hours.
- Meanwhile, chop up the red cabbage and cook it gently in a large pan with the wine and sugar for 1½ hours, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Boil the potatoes, drain and mash them with the butter and mustard and keep warm.
- When cooked, take the pork from the oven, remove the crackling and let the meat rest in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Carve into six pieces. Serve with the cabbage and mash and a piece of crackling, along with apple sauce and gravy if you like.
Thank you to Blythburgh Pork for sharing this recipe with us.