Barbecued Venison Steaks
Swap your burgers and sausages for a venison steak to make your barbecue a little bit healthier and a little bit more tastier. This delicious marinade will ensure the meat doesn't dry out.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 4 venison loin steaks or venison haunch steaks
- 150ml red wine
- 2tbsp French wholegrain mustard
- 1tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 1tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- If the steaks are thickly cut, put each steak between two sheets of cling film and flatten with a rolling pin to about ½" thick.
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Put the steaks in a dish and pour over the marinade. Cover with cling film, put in the fridge and leave to marinate for about 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain the meat from the marinade, season on each side and place on a hot barbecue. Cook on each side turning regularly to ensure even cooking.
- Baste occasionally with the remaining marinade to keep moist.
Thank you to game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Venison Stir Fry
If you love red meat but need to watch your weight or your cholesterol, this simple stir fry delivers big flavours while without the fat. Venison steaks are marinated in soy sauce for 30 minutes before cooking then need only 2 or 3 minutes in a hot wok.
Venison & pomegranate wraps
Delicious yet quick and easy to make, these tortilla wraps filled with sweet and crunchy pomegranate seeds, homemade slaw and full-flavoured venis...