24 hour roast pork shoulder
24 hours may seem a long time, but once the pork is in the oven, there’s nothing to do but let it gently cook, producing meltingly tender pork that will just fall apart into shreds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 24 hours
- Serves: 6 people
- Heat the oven to 200ºC.
- Place the pork in a roasting tray, rub the skin with oil and salt and sprinkle with fennel seeds.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then lower the oven to 100ºC and cook for 23½ hours.
- When cooked, remove the pork from the tray and drain off most of the fat.
- While the pork is resting, add the stock and thyme to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Shred the pork and serve with the reduced stock and your choice of vegetables.
Thank you to Blythburgh Pork for sharing this recipe with us.