Venison Sausage Bread Pudding
This week we're celebrating British Sausage Week, and what better way than with this traditional hearty sausage bread pudding.
- 12 venison sausages
- 50g caramelised red onion
- 1 small crusty loaf
- 6 eggs
- 500ml milk
- 10ml rapeseed oil
- 20g chopped thyme
- Cornish sea salt
- Milled black pepper
- Heat a roasting tray and sear the venison sausages in the oil until they start to colour
- Dice the loaf into chunky pieces and add to the sausages.
- Add the chopped thyme, red onion and season.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Pour the batter over the sausages and bake in a hot oven 220oC for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Vindaloo is infamous for being the most fiery curry one can order at the curry house. However, traditionally this Goan dish of strong Portuguese influence is tangy, rich and warming. Using diced venison instead of typical lamb or chicken, this dish is packed with flavour rather than off-the-richter scale heat from chilli alone.
Sausage & Bean Casserole
This one-pot sausage casserole recipe can be made with either venison or wild boar sausages and your favourite bean. It is a simple and tasty dish, with fennel seeds providing additional flavour.
Spiced Plum and Venison Salad
Try this dish in late summer or autumn, when British plums are sweet and full of flavour. Poached with cinnamon, cloves and juniper berries, they’re a heavenly accompaniment to tasty and tender wild venison loin, along with crunchy walnuts and fresh green salad leaves.