Venison Sausage Bread Pudding
This week we're celebrating British Sausage Week, and what better way than with this traditional hearty sausage bread pudding.
- 12 venison sausages
- 50g caramelised red onion
- 1 small crusty loaf
- 6 eggs
- 500ml milk
- 10ml rapeseed oil
- 20g chopped thyme
- Cornish sea salt
- Milled black pepper
- Heat a roasting tray and sear the venison sausages in the oil until they start to colour
- Dice the loaf into chunky pieces and add to the sausages.
- Add the chopped thyme, red onion and season.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Pour the batter over the sausages and bake in a hot oven 220oC for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Venison Rillettes on Sourdough
Lean full-flavoured venison is braised slowly with duck or goose fat and wild boar bacon in this wild version of the classic French dish created by Hannah from Herbs and Wild. Surprisingly easy to make, it’s superb as a starter or lunch with sourdough toast.
Spiced Plum and Venison Salad
Try this dish in late summer or autumn, when British plums are sweet and full of flavour. Poached with cinnamon, cloves and juniper berries, they’re a heavenly accompaniment to tasty and tender wild venison loin, along with crunchy walnuts and fresh green salad leaves.
Venison Stir Fry
If you love red meat but need to watch your weight or your cholesterol, this simple stir fry delivers big flavours while without the fat. Venison steaks are marinated in soy sauce for 30 minutes before cooking then need only 2 or 3 minutes in a hot wok.