Venison Sausage Bread Pudding
This week we're celebrating British Sausage Week, and what better way than with this traditional hearty sausage bread pudding.
- 12 venison sausages
- 50g caramelised red onion
- 1 small crusty loaf
- 6 eggs
- 500ml milk
- 10ml rapeseed oil
- 20g chopped thyme
- Cornish sea salt
- Milled black pepper
- Heat a roasting tray and sear the venison sausages in the oil until they start to colour
- Dice the loaf into chunky pieces and add to the sausages.
- Add the chopped thyme, red onion and season.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Pour the batter over the sausages and bake in a hot oven 220oC for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.
Sausage & Bean Casserole
This one-pot sausage casserole recipe can be made with either venison or wild boar sausages and your favourite bean. It is a simple and tasty dish, with fennel seeds providing additional flavour.
Tried and tested, this game pie can be served hot or cold for a comforting meal.
This is a gamey version of a Shepherd’s pie, with parsnip added to the mash topping to give it a savoury and sweet flavour.