Lime Flavoured Roasted Partridge
Serve the roasted partridge with roast potatoes, rocket salad, redcurrant jelly, cranberry jelly or salsa.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 4 People
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Spread butter or olive oil over the bird, season with salt and pepper and, allowing one rasher of bacon per bird, cut into four and place on the breast and legs. (If necessary stretch the bacon with the back of a knife). Using one lime, squeeze a little juice over each bird.
- Put in a roasting tin and cook for about 30 minutes. Check the birds are cooked by inserting a skewer into the breast. They are ready when the juices run clear.
- Ten minutes before the end of cooking, dip the bread into the hot oil next to the partridge and roast together with wedges of lime.
- Spread a little paté on each piece of bread and place the partridge on top.
Thank you to Game-to-eat for sharing this recipe with us.