Simple to prepare this one pot, Roast Partridge dish is cooked on a bed of carrot, parsnip, onions & Chazwinkle's Rhubarb
, available in our pantry.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2 people
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (fan).
- Taking a casserole dish, halve the parsnips and carrots lengthways and add to the dish. Add the bay leaf, segment the onion into quarters and break up into the dish. Add half a jar of Chazwinkle’s Rhubarb and the water.
- Place the partridge into the dish and snuggle into the veg. Season and drizzle in oil.
- Put the lid on and place in the oven for 20 mins.
- Halfway, check the juice, add a splash more water if drying out. Spoon some juice over the birds.
- Serve up 2 plates with a handful of spinach. Remove the birds from the oven and place on the spinach. Spoon over the juice and veggies.
Thank you to Chazwinkles for sharing this recipe with us.